I have been happily married for 20 years and was fortunate to stay home and raise my kids, who are now growing to be independent.
I graduated from Michigan State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Family & Community Service. Shortly after graduation I did an internship in Child Life at Henry Ford Hospital. At that point, we started our family before I was able to get a career off the ground. I chose to stay home and raise my kids, which was the best job I have ever had in my life. Through that period I did take on various child care roles and volunteer positions. Now that my children are not as dependent on me, I have decided to continue doing what I love, but professionally as a doula, helping families off to a great start!
I am a certified Lactation Counselor through the Healthy Children Project Inc., Center for Breastfeeding. I have also completed both the DONA birth and postpartum doula training, and certification births.
- Childcare Coordinator, First United Methodist Church, Birmingham
- Preschool Teacher, First United Methodist Church, Birmingham
- Breast Feeding Support, Beaumont Parenting Program
- Individual Family Support, Beaumont Parenting Program
- Newborn Nursery Volunteer, Beaumont Parenting Program
- Meals on Wheels Volunteer
- Child Life at Henry Ford Hospital
- St Joseph Mercy and Beaumont Hospital Infant Child Care
- Various childcare provider roles over 20+ years, including newborns, children with special needs, and home childcare
- In addition, I have been involved in my children’s lives as a girl scout troop leader, ski club president, classroom mom, varsity soccer booster, girls on the run and other volunteer activities in and around my kids activities